Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Week 4, Thing 8

Because I didn't want to set up more usernames and passwords, I used Google Reader to explore the world of RSS Feeds. As far as I understand it, RSS allows you to keep track of updated subscriptions/feeds in a much more convenient way than checking the websites everyday on your own. Some of my feeds are:

youtube--most viewed videos,
my own blog,
Omaha World-Herald,
and Scientific American.

If I have time, I will definitely keep up with Google Reader because it contains a lot of new information that I would be both interested in and learn important things from that I don't n0rmally encounter in everyday life.

Libraries could use this RSS feature for book sites that update based on new books being available--it would be an easy way to discover new trends or new bestsellers in a simple fashion.

No comments: