Thursday, November 6, 2008

Week 9, Thing 22

So this week was not so successful for me...I tried the MyLibraryDV first, but the computer would not finish the installation because I was not logged on as an administrator. Next, I tried the OverDrive and thought that I had downloaded The Alchemist by Coehlo and The Pillars of Creation by Goodkind. However, the first was not yet available and even though the Goodkind novel was, the computer needed to install Overdrive software. I tried doing this, but the installation process kept being "interrupted" by a pop-up screen that said I needed Windows Media Player 9 or higher. Even after I downloaded Windows Media Player 11, the pop-up screen still came up and installation would not complete. So...I next turned to Tumblebooks and started a free trial. I'm not sure if it was my internet connection, or the site, but everything was very sloooowwww. What I found of interest was Grimm's Fairy Tales in audiobook form, which was played on the Tumblebook Audio Player--or so I was lead to believe...it did not play! This was pretty much par for the course, so I am going to stop while I'm ahead...of nothing...for the day. I'll try the Overdrive things on my home computer because maybe then I won't have the administrator and media player problems as on this library computer. At the moment, I wouldn't feel comfortable with patrons trying to use these applications because none of them worked correctly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With Tumblebooks you can access it without the trial suscription if you go to the OPL kids page (ya annoying but that's how you do it)