Thursday, November 6, 2008

Week 9, Thing 23

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? Flickr (Week 3, Thing 5) was a visually inspiring website. The sunset mashup I found for Week 3, Thing 6 was really amazing--one little website could put everything in perspective for me.
I enjoyed the variety of the generators on Week 5, Thing 10.
Finding free movies and TV online in Week 6, Thing 13 was amazing!
Google docs in Week 8, Thing 18 definitely were a way to make distanced business, schools, people, whatever connect and be able to look at the same thing and share items in a convenient, painless way avoiding the faults of formatting issues.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
This program has definitely greatly improved my technology literacy and I feel more comfortable with all the technological lingo that is thrown around nowadays that I had no clue the meaning of previously. My lifelong learning goals have been affected in that I now know my learning must include technology, whether I like it or not.

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I guess that overall I was surprised by the number of reading tools available online and through technology. With the increasing popularity of the internet and other "e" materials, it seems that books are of no exception to the rule--they must be allowed to evolve technologically as well.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
The biggest issue I had was having to join/register a bunch of different websites--it's just more to remember and some of the items would have been more convenient if we just had one user name and password as employees of the library--like a group password and user name.

Thank you so much for the opportunity and I'm glad I completed the 23 Things--it was a long but rewarding journey! Definitely worth it... :)

2 comments:

Deirdre said...

Congratulations on finishing. It seems like you got a lot out of the program. I hope you take the time to keep on learning and expanding your horizons.

Thanks,

Deirdre

Deirdre said...

Oh the thing I forgot -- you might explore using something like OpenIDso you don't have to use so many different logins and passwords -- which are a pain, I agree.