Thursday, October 23, 2008

Week 8, Thing 18

So this week I became familiar with Google Docs (since I have other google accounts it was simple to set-up). At first I was skeptical, but I became a believer with the ease of publishing and sharing documents/presentations/forms, etc. As you can see, I published both a test document and a test presentation in posts previous to this one. The presentation I had to manually enter the code in the "Edit Html" section of posting--but since the code was provided for me by Google, it was pretty easy. I can see where this would eliminate the different formatting errors that occur with differing editions of Word, Powerpoint, etc. But, I did notice that the document application didn't allow me to use accents which are often the cause of formatting errors, so that should be resolved for it to be truly internationally relevant.

No comments: