Thursday, October 23, 2008

Week 8, Thing 19

I chose to search the Recipe for Success site, which seemed mainly including blogging or other library/technology websites. One caught my attention, however, called "Literature-Map." It is a website where you enter the author's name and a conglomerate of related authors come up. Obviously, this has great applications to the library for people who are seeking similar authors. I searched Charlotte Bronte, and then clicked on Wilkie Collins from there since I am writing a paper incorporating his work. I then searched for a relatively unknown fantasy author that I like, Kristen Britain, and yet there were still relevant authors attributed to her ilk of writing. It would be difficult to do a search like this for book titles, as the floating nature of the results would be obscured with long titles. I suppose that is why the creators of this website chose to do author searches instead of book searches. Here's a link if you're interested:

http://www.literature-map.com/

No comments: